Icy Worlds Unit 1: Mission Planning
Lessons in this unit address the question,
“How do we figure out where to go and what to do when planning a mission to another body in the solar system?“
Lesson Guiding Questions:
- Lesson 1: How does the mission we are planning fit into the solar system and NASA’s larger set of exploration questions?
- Lesson 2: What communication skills and formats are necessary for teams to plan successful, long-term, complex projects?
- Lesson 3: Why is clear written documentation important to planning successful, long-term, complex projects?
- Lesson 4: How do we learn about an object in the solar system from a distance without being able to land on it or retrieve samples?
- Lesson 5: How can we create a model of our target landscape to help us rehearse our mission?
Each lesson is offered at the middle and high school levels! Click on the lessons to the right for more details.