Mini-Mission Information and Registration
- If 8 to 15 students register for five days of the Artemis ROADS or Icy Worlds Mini-Missions, we provide a $2,500 stipend for one lead instructor. For 15 to 30 students, we provide an additional $1,500 stipend for an assistant instructor.
- If 8 to 15 students register for three days of the James Webb Mini-Mission, we provide a $1200 stipend for one lead instructor. For 15 to 30 students, we provide an additional $800 stipend for an assistant instructor.
- Note: We may be unable to provide stipends if another grant or organization pays you to recruit students and host a camp. However, we can still provide materials.
To receive supplies and a stipend as a mini-mission lead, you must:
- Host your mini-mission in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or Alaska. (Exceptions may be made to educators who have previously participated in a ROADS or mini-mission program. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Host the mini-mission in July or August.
- Complete the first registration step before the June 19th deadline.
- Agree to the terms in the Instructor Agreement Form.
- Complete Step 2 of registration (register your participants) at least two weeks before the start of your Mini-Mission.
Step 1: Register the instructors
Before you register :
- All Mini-Mission instructors are required to attend training. We offered several options between June 12th and June 14th, 2023. If you would like to host a mini-mission but could not make these times, please email email@example.com.
- Download, read, and sign the Instructor Agreement Form. You will upload the signed form in Step 1 of your registration.
- Be prepared to tell us your expected mini-mission dates, location, and an estimate of student participants.
- Look over the manual and the materials list for the mini-mission you plan to lead. Be prepared to indicate what materials you need from NESSP.
- Download and review the required Student Information Form, Mini-Mission Follow-Up Report, and Participant Survey Form. (Note: The Student Information form and Follow-Up are view-only. You can download them or make a copy under the File tab.)
Then complete Step 1: Mini-Mission Instructor Registration.
What’s next? After you complete this form, we will send you the supplies needed for the training sessions you plan to attend. Additional supplies for students will be sent after you complete Step 2.
Step 2: Register the participants
At least two weeks before the start of your mini-mission, you should finalize your mini-mission by sending NESSP your participant’s information. If you want NESSP to provide t-shirts for your participants, please send us the student information as soon as possible.
Before you fill out the second registration form:
- Finalize your mini-missions schedule, including dates, times, and locations. Be prepared to upload a schedule that describes the dates and times of your mini-mission and a short description of the planned activities.
- Download or copy the Student Information Spreadsheet and fill in your participant’s information.
- Be prepared to request extra support, such as help running the scholarship session, a college student panel, or teaching assistant support. If you want NESSP to visit your event virtually, please give specific dates and times.
Then complete Step 2: Mini-Mission Student Registration
What is next? Once we have student information, we will mail additional mini-mission materials.
Thank you! Please send additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.