As you are all aware, the coronavirus outbreak has been declared a pandemic and schools are being closed nationwide. Our ROADS on Mars Student Challenge, educator summit, and summer camps are all suspended indefinitely. Continue reading....
NESSP’s summer camps program offers support to educator-led summer camps across the northwest region. To inquire about summer camps, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 2020, our summer camps program will follow our ROADS on Mars Student Challenge format. Registration is now open for educators to sign up for our 2020 camps program.
Summer camps program details
Camps must be
- Offered to students in grades 6–12
- Offered for free
- Led by an educator who has attended a NESSP Summer Camp Training within the past 3 years
Support we can offer
- Stipends to one lead teacher and one assistant teacher (assistant teacher stipend dependent on enrollment)
- Reimbursement for eligible supplies
- Material lending program
Our summer camp curriculum covers
- Environmental science and remote sensing
- Planetary exploration and robotics
- Exploration of the solar system and rocketry
We encourage teachers to adapt the curriculum to the needs and interests of their community!