NESSP’s mini-mission program (formerly known as summer camps) offers curriculum and supplies to educator-led activities across the northwest region.
For summer 2021, NESSP is pleased to offer several mini-missions for use in your summer camp activities in July and August. This year we are offering two formats: NESSP Guided — You and your students will meet virtually with a NESSP facilitator for one sessionSelf-Directed — You will facilitate activities for your students Who can …
Mini-mission program details
Mini-missions must be
- Offered to students in grades 6–12
- Offered for free
- Led by an educator who has attended a NESSP Summer Camp Training within the past 3 years
Support we can offer
- Stipends to one lead teacher and one assistant teacher (assistant teacher stipend dependent on enrollment)
- Reimbursement for eligible supplies
- Material lending program
Our mini-mission curriculum covers
- Environmental science and remote sensing
- Planetary exploration and robotics
- Exploration of the solar system and rocketry
We encourage teachers to adapt the curriculum to the needs and interests of their community!