This workshop will be offered virtually via Zoom, but will be hands-on! Supplies will be mailed to participants in advance. There is no stipend offered, but clock hours may be available for teachers from Washington and Oregon.
Date & time
Please remember that the workshop is on Pacific Daylight Time! The NESSP staff will be broadcasting live from Washington state.
- Monday, August 16, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 17, 8:30–11:30 a.m.
Arrive prepared and ready to go on Monday morning! Clock hours will be awarded for your pre-work time.
- Assemble the robot
- Check robot battery level
- Have your computer ready (pre-loaded with LEGO education software)
- Charge the drone
- Have these materials available for day 1
- Read “Why icy worlds?” Be prepared to share around these prompts:
- What questions do you have?
- What questions do you think your students might have after reading this?