Registration for the ROADS Freestyle Challenge is open to students in grades K–12 across the U.S. and territories.
- Registration opens Thursday, March 26.
- Register by Monday, May 11 (extended!).
- Participation is open to all students in grades K–12 across the U.S. and territories.
- Registration for a team should be completed by an adult — usually a teacher or educator, a team member’s parent/guardian, or another adult community member serving as a mentor. This adult will be responsible for passing along all communication from NESSP during the Freestyle challenge, so make sure you have reliable ways of keeping in touch with all of the team’s members!
ROADS Freestyle vs. ROADS on Mars Student Challenge
The ROADS Freestyle Challenge is following in the path of the original ROADS on Mars Student Challenge, but do remember that they are two separate challenges! Think of the Freestyle challenge as a training simulation of the ROADS on Mars challenge — this means that anyone can sign up for the Freestyle challenge, nor are you obligated to do the Freestyle challenge just because you signed up for the ROADS on Mars challenge.
- If you are signed up for the ROADS on Mars Student Challenge, you are not automatically signed up for the Freestyle challenge. Don’t forget to register for Freestyle if you want to do it!
- If you’re signed up for the ROADS on Mars Student Challenge, you are not obligated to participate in the Freestyle challenge. If you’re busy with other things this spring, you can sit this one out!
- Registering for the Freestyle challenge does not sign you up for the ROADS on Mars Student Challenge. (Registration for the ROADS on Mars challenge is closed.)