News4Crews [March 15, 2022] — Meet an Expert from Europa Clipper!! (And don’t forget Checkpoint Challenge MO-05)
G’day, ROADS on Icy Worlds crews!
This is a BIG WEEK, with both a Meet an Expert chat with a flight software engineer from the Europa Clipper mission and a Checkpoint Challenge deadline.
Slides from the March 9 Office Hour session
The slides that Dr. Snowden presented at our March 9 Office Hour session are now available! These are a great refresher on Icy Worlds MO-05, the yeast ID card, in particular and, in general, on how to design a good experiment.
Slideshow on Google:
Meet an Expert — Mishaal Aleem
For our next Meet an Expert chat, we are very excited to host Mishaal Aleem, flight software engineer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab working on the Europa Clipper mission! We really hope you’ll join us on Thursday, March 17, to chat with Mishaal about her journey from Renton, Washington, to JPL and Europa Clipper.
- Thursday, March 17, 2022
- 4–5 p.m. (Pacific Time)
- Live virtually!
- Join us on Zoom to ask questions during the Q&A!
- Watch live (or later!) on Facebook or YouTube
DUE DATE: Checkpoint challenge MO-05 — Yeast ID card
Remember that the checkpoint challenges are optional (that is, they do DO NOT count toward your team’s final challenge score!). But if your team is planning to submit materials for the second checkpoint challenge, they are due this Friday, March 18.
- Your yeast ID card
Checkpoint Challenge MO-05 submission page:
- March 22nd – Artemis ROADS NASA Expert Talk – Angela Garcia 🗓
- Feb 15th – Artemis ROADS NASA Expert Talk – Elison Blancaflor, Ph.D. 🗓
- February 15th – Artemis ROADS Launchpad Submissions Due 🗓
- May 10th – Artemis ROADS Final Submissions Deadline 🗓
- March 15th – Artemis ROADS Low Earth Orbit Submissions Due 🗓