Announcing summer professional development for teachers
For summer 2021, NESSP is pleased to offer several professional development sessions for teachers — including a long-awaited return to an in-person workshop format for one of the sessions! As with our PD sessions last year, our summer 2021 sessions will take place over two days.
All sessions are free and supplies will be provided, although participants will need to provide their own computer (and internet connection, in the case of virtual workshops).
Learn hands-on STEM activities to engage middle and high school -aged students! Topics to be covered support NGSS and are aligned with NASA missions. Projects are relevant to our new ROADS challenge for the upcoming 2021–2022 school year — or can supplement your existing course.
These workshops will cover the curriculum for the companion course to our next ROADS student challenge, and as such the sessions are intended for educators currently teaching in classrooms. We will hold a workshop intended specifically for coaches/mentors of ROADS challenge teams at a later date.
Details and registration are on our website. The registration form gives you the chance to rank your preferences for choice of workshop date. We will try to put everyone into their first preference! But we do expect that the in-person workshop will be quite popular (while also having the most limited capacity), so some registrants will be placed into their second choice.
- August 6–7, 2021 — Virtual workshop
- August 12–13, 2021 — In-person workshop in Adrian, OR
- August 16–17, 2021 — Virtual workshop
- March 22nd – Artemis ROADS NASA Expert Talk – Angela Garcia 🗓
- Feb 15th – Artemis ROADS NASA Expert Talk – Elison Blancaflor, Ph.D. 🗓
- February 15th – Artemis ROADS Launchpad Submissions Due 🗓
- May 10th – Artemis ROADS Final Submissions Deadline 🗓
- March 15th – Artemis ROADS Low Earth Orbit Submissions Due 🗓